FRC's Board of Directors, Advisory Committee, and Staff
FRC's Board of Directors - a seven-to-eleven member board of directors meets on the
third Saturday of February, April, June, August, October,
and second Saturday of December.
- Timothy Kelly, FRC President, attorney, and teacher at City Arts and Technology High
School in San Francisco.
- Sarah Sweedler, CEO; Sarah volunteered on the FRC board of directors for eight years
before joining its staff. Prior to her transition to not-for- profit work, she worked for
several decades as a high-tech independent writing consultant and as a freelance
journalist focusing on natural and cultural history. Sarah serves on the Advisory Council
of the Eurasia Foundation, as a director of CALPA (California League of Park
Associations), and as a NOAA Beach Watch volunteer.
- Jan Phelps, CFO. Financial & organization expert for non-profits. Retired CFO of a family-
- Tom Wright, FRC Vice President. Retired sixth grade teacher at schools in the San
Joaquin Valley, Concord and Clayton; traditional wood craftsman who built his second
home in Western Sonoma County.
- Michael Dewees, FRC Treasurer. Retired database and large system expert for State
Insurance Compensation Fund.
- Sandy Curtis, business and marketing; Director of Innovative Projects, Plastic Pollution
- Reno Franklin, Kashia Tribal Chair
- Konstantin Kudryavtsev, Senior Software Engineer at Marvell Technology, photographer,
- Robert J. Spjut, lawyer; part time Sonoma Coast resident.
- Prof. Kent Lightfoot (University of Califoria Berkeley)
- Prof. Ludmila Ershova (San Francisco State University)
FRC's Advisory Committee
- Jan Kalicki, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Irina Dyatlovskaya, Russian language translator
- Lauren Peters, Alaska Native community builder
- Jeanne Milligan, non-profit advisor and event planner
- Susan Rudy, retired National Park Service and U.S. Forest Service Ranger and Resource Manager
- Mikhail Pashkov, San Francisco Public Library,
International Center, librarian; member of Kennan Institute
- Sarah Sweedler, CEO; sarahs [at] fortross [dot] org
- Jan Phelps, CFO; janp [at] fortross [dot] org
- Sarjan Holt, Operations Manager;
sarjanh [at] fortross[dot]org
- Hank Birnbaum, Programs Manager;
hankb [at] fortross[dot]org
- Sondra Hunter, Director of Programs, Special Events Manager, Bookshop Buyer;
sondrah [at] fortross[dot]org
- Melissa McCarthy, Volunteer Coordinator, melissam [at] fortross[dot]org
- Lake Perry, Administrative
Assistant; lakep [at] fortross [dot ]org
- Amber Courreges, Visitor Center Services; amberc [at] fortross[dot]org
- Tricia Ialeggio, ELP Instructor, triciai [at]fortross.org
- Charon Vilnai, ELP and MEP Instructor, charonv [at] fortross[dot]org
Fort Ross Conservancy, a
501(c)(3) and California State Park cooperating association,
connects people to the history and beauty of Fort Ross and Salt
Point State Parks.
Fort Ross Conservancy, 19005
Coast Highway One, Jenner, CA 95450, 707-847-3437