Saturday October 13th, Fort Ross State Historic Park
10am – 3pm
Harvest is the time to enjoy autumn’s fresh air with friends and family, acknowledging all that the seasons provide us. Please join us!
- Apple and pear picking in the historic orchard
- Russian group Kedry and their families in traditional costume singing and performing seasonal games.
- Juicing the apples. Store bought apple juice will be served
- Kids games, seasonal food samples
- 11:30am – Interpretive tour of San Andreas Fault and Spyra Redwood Grove (25 minutes, easy walking)
- 12:10pm – Interpretive talk about the historic orchard highlighting the first grapes grown in Sonoma county, the Russian-era cherry trees that still survive, and the expanded orchard developed during the ranch era (15 minutes, in the orchard)
- 12:20pm – Fort Ross Choir
- 2:00pm – Windmill demo and interpretive talk
This is a free event. Regular CSP kiosk fees of $8/car apply.
Optional Family Style Lunch at Fort Ross Orchard
Photos by Grace O’Malley.