Boonville is formerly known as The Corners and Kendall’s City. It is a census-designated location in Mendocino County, California, United States. It lies 12.5 miles southwest of Ukiah, at a height of 381 feet. Boonville was established in 1862 by John Burgots. It was originally named The Corners. Burgots built a hotel, and another hotel was built in 1864 by Alonzo Kendall. The town became recognized as Kendall’s City. W.W. Boone bought a store in the town and provided the place its existing appellation.