There are several options to experience and learn about and Fort Ross’ rich and diverse natural and cultural history:
- Book a customizable private tour through Fort Ross Conservancy (details below) to explore the natural and cultural history both inside and outside the fort compound walls under the guidance of a knowledgeable Russian-English tour guide;
- Join a one-hour comprehensive Group Walking Tour of the Fort Compound & Environs starting at 1pm and 2:30 at the Visitor Center. Offered on many Fridays & Saturdays (Sept-May) and Wednesdays thru Saturdays (June-Aug).
- Fee: $5/person, kids 12 & under free.
- Book a spot in a 45-minute group walking tour with a fixed itinerary, start time and offered only on specific dates through Trip Advisor;
- Attend a free talk or walking tour – available on some weekends and weekdays, depending on staff availability; best to call ahead to determine if it’s on the schedule (707/847-3437).
- For all other Educational Talks and Tours, please see our Educational Opportunities listed on our Programs page.
Customizable Private Tours
Fort Ross Conservancy offers private customizable (one or two hour) tours at a day and time of your choice, arranged in advance. Tours can be given in English or Russian. One hour tours include an introduction to all eras and fort neighborhoods, beginning at the Visitor Center, walking to and through the Fort Compound. Two-hour tours also include visits beyond the fort to the historic orchard, redwoods, San Andreas Fault, cemetery, marine mammals, and more. The content and length of each tour is configurable based on your interests.
1-4 people $50/hour
5-10 people $90/hour
10-20 people $120/hour
The second hour is the same price, children 12 & under, free.
Please use our Private Tour Application Form to apply.
We are a small hard-working nonprofit; please cancel at least 48 hours before your tour or pay a $100 cancellation fee. Contact us with your questions at 707/847-3437 or email@example.com. Thank you!
Please note: Fort Ross Conservancy prides itself in paying its employees a living wage. To avoid the risk of unequal and/or discriminatory tipping, Fort Ross Conservancy’s employees are not permitted to accept gratuities from visitors. Please consider making a donation to our organization instead.
We highly recommend enjoying a meal outside during your visit to Fort Ross. Feel free to bring a picnic, or if we have sufficient advance notice we can provide a catered lunch at an additional cost. Picnic tables are located near the parking lot, in the fort, in the Call Picnic Area (with ocean view) or in the orchard.
Fort Ross Conservancy Tours
Tour Customer Reviews
Reviewed August 2017
Reviewed May 2017
Reviewed March 2017
Reviewed March 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2014