Currently Fort Ross or Salt Point doesn’t offer an interpreter working at the park every day.
However, you can schedule a private tour by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (details below), or join one of our group tours on certain days.
- All tours are outdoors and must follow county safety guidelines (which currently states groups must be smaller than 50 people, wearing masks, outdoors).
- We have a knowledgeable guide onsite at Fort Ross on Sunday afternoons. All other days need to be scheduled ahead.
- On Sundays from 1pm to 5pm you can schedule a private tour or join one of our group tours.
- We offer private tours of Salt Point as well.
To check availability, email us at email@example.com (or call 707-847-3437 during business hours).
There are several options to experience and learn about the rich and diverse natural and cultural history of Fort Ross and Salt Point:
- Private Tour: Book a customizable tour to suit your schedule. Explore the natural and cultural history both inside and outside the fort compound walls under the guidance of a knowledgeable tour guide. Tell us what you’re most interested to see at Fort Ross or at Salt Point and we will customize your tour. Find inspiration here! Tours start at the Visitor Center.
- $20 per person per hour ($40 minimum). Children 12 & under, free.
- Group Tour: Sundays afternoons (usually 1:30 and 3:00pm) Meet at the Visitor Center on Sundays for a 1 hour guided group tour with our knowledgeable bilingual guide. $5/person. Always good to email us ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify availability and timing.
- Educational Opportunities: For school and service groups — students, Girl and Boy Scouts, multiple homeschooling groups, etc. These can include a tour / activities, a service project, and even an overnight stay in the compound! Availability depends on the season – please connect with us via email or phone.
Dogs: Dogs are permitted (on leash) anywhere you can drive a car (roads, parking lots), inside the limits of any structures (Visitor Center, Fort compound and buildings), picnic areas, and campgrounds. They are not permitted on trails, beaches, beyond the limits of roads, parking areas, campgrounds or picnic areas.
For questions and to book your visit, email us at email@example.com or call 707/847-3437. Thank you!
We are a small hard-working nonprofit; please cancel at least 48 hours before your tour or pay a $100 cancellation fee. Contact us with your questions at 707/847-3437 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Please note: Fort Ross Conservancy prides itself in paying its employees a living wage. To avoid the risk of unequal and/or discriminatory tipping, Fort Ross Conservancy’s employees are not permitted to accept gratuities from visitors. Please consider making a donation to our organization instead.
We highly recommend enjoying a meal outside during your visit to Fort Ross or Salt Point. Feel free to bring a picnic lunch. Picnic tables are located near the parking lot, in the fort, in the Call Picnic Area (with ocean view) or in the orchard.
Fort Ross Conservancy Tours
Tour Customer Reviews