Currently we don’t have a tour guide or interpreter working at the park every day. However, FRC offers private tours with our very knowledgeable guides if you schedule the tour ahead of time.
All tours are outdoors and must follow county safety guidelines (which currently states groups must be smaller than 50 people, wearing masks, outdoors).
To check availability, email us at email@example.com.
There are several options to experience and learn about and Fort Ross’ rich and diverse natural and cultural history:
- Private Tour: Book a customizable tour to suit your schedule Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays, or on Sunday afternoons. Explore the natural and cultural history both inside and outside the fort compound walls under the guidance of a knowledgeable tour guide. Tell us what you’re most interested to see at Fort Ross and we will customize your tour. Find inspiration here! Tours start at the Visitor Center.
- $20 per person per hour ($40 minimum). Children, 12 & under, free.
- Last Saturday of Each Month Group Tour: Join a one-hour comprehensive tour of the Fort Compound & Environs starting at 1pm and 2:30 at the Visitor Center on the last Saturday of each month beginning in May 2021.
- $5/person, kids 12 & under free.
- Educational Opportunities: For school and service groups — students, Girl and Boy Scouts, multiple homeschooling groups, etc. Availability depends on the season – please connect with us via email or phone.
For questions and to book your tour, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707/847-3437. Thank you!
We are a small hard-working nonprofit; please cancel at least 48 hours before your tour or pay a $100 cancellation fee. Contact us with your questions at 707/847-3437 or email@example.com. Thank you!
Please note: Fort Ross Conservancy prides itself in paying its employees a living wage. To avoid the risk of unequal and/or discriminatory tipping, Fort Ross Conservancy’s employees are not permitted to accept gratuities from visitors. Please consider making a donation to our organization instead.
We highly recommend enjoying a meal outside during your visit to Fort Ross. Feel free to bring a picnic, or if we have sufficient advance notice we can provide a catered lunch at an additional cost. Picnic tables are located near the parking lot, in the fort, in the Call Picnic Area (with ocean view) or in the orchard.
Fort Ross Conservancy Tours
Tour Customer Reviews
Reviewed August 2017
Reviewed May 2017
Reviewed March 2017
Reviewed March 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2014