Fort Ross Harvest Festival 2012
For this year’s bicentennial Harvest Festival we will unveil the Fort Ross windmill, a full-size replica donated to Fort Ross by Victor Vekselberg’s Link of Times foundation, a Russian-based cultural and historical nonprofit organization.
10:00am-1:00pm: Harvest fruit from the historic orchard
12:00pm: Interpretive Talk in orchard
1:00pm: Interpretive tour of windmill (in Visitor Center parking lot)
2:00-4:00pm: Activities in the fort compound:
- Juicing, baking, song & dance, and learning about 19th century agricultural efforts at Settlement Ross,
- Craft demonstrations include spinning, basket, candle and rope making,
- Russian House Kedry and Sivka Burka will perform traditional Russian song and dance,
- Sea Otter Interpretation with SORAC of Monterey Bay.
4:00pm: Fort Ross Quilt Raffle Drawing
4:00pm: Slide show presentation in Visitor Center:
Agriculture and the Ranches of Settlement Ross.
Food vendors on site: Cafe Aquatica (coffee, tea, cookies),
Raymond’s Bakery (bread, pastries),
Avant Gardens (cobblers, crisps, caramel apples, cider).
Fees: $12 per car; $11 per senior car
Buses (10+ passengers) $80; (25+ passengers) $140
Limited mobility shuttle van available
(please call ahead if assistance is needed)
Fort Ross State Historic Park
19005 Coast Highway 1
Jenner, CA 95450
(707) 847-3437 firstname.lastname@example.org