Financial Consultant Job Opening
We are looking for a Financial Consultant to join our team. Help us succeed in the new decade and be part of our dedicated staff connecting people to the history and beauty of Fort Ross and Salt Point State Parks. Fort Ross Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) and California State Park cooperating association is located in gorgeous West County, Sonoma.
Financial Consultant for Nonprofit
Hourly Employee or Contract Consultant
Job Requirements: Very familiar with nonprofit accounting standards and QuickBooks accounting system; three to five years of experience as CFO, Financial Consultant, or Active Controller; knowledge of California State Parks organization a plus.
20 to 30 hours a month; 75% off-site acceptable.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Reports to CEO.
- Ensure that organization’s books are kept in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintain system of internal controls
- Review organization’s Quickbooks in detail; spot check during the month.
- Review and prepare end of month financials.
- Oversee and report on investment accounts.
- Establish close working relationship with Operations Manager, Board Treasurer, and CEO.
- Establish working relationship with banking institutions, investment firms, and CPA firm.
Organization and Board Liaison
- Take lead in creating FRC’s operating budget for the upcoming year.
- Prepare financials for board packet and review with board treasurer prior to each board
- Provide monthly/quarterly program reports and analysis about FRC’s programming and staffing.
- Keep board and staff apprised of organization’s financial health.
- Assist and advise on board fiscal policies
Grant and Fundraising Support
- Assist grant writer in creating financial budgets for grant submissions.
- Support grant writing and donor relations through providing financial data and analysis.
End of Year Tax and Government Reporting
- Work with CEO to engage CPA firm for annual Financial Review and preparation of IRS Form 990 and California 199.
- Oversee submittal of materials to CPA for Review and tax returns.
- With support from Operations Manager, prepare financial section of Department of Parks and Recreation annual cooperating association report.
- Ensure compliance with other state and federal reporting, such as sales tax, W-2s and 1099s.
Fort Ross Conservancy is a small nonprofit based in Western Sonoma County that works in partnership with California State Parks to support Fort Ross State Historic Park and Salt Point Park. We have five full time employees and four part time employees. For more details see www.fortross.org or call 707/847-3437.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sarjan Holt, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.