FRC’s Board of Directors -The board meets on the third Saturday of February, April, June, August, October, and second Saturday of December.
- Timothy Kelly, FRC President, attorney, Science Department Chair at Helms Middle School, San Pablo, graduate of Fort Ross Elementary.
- Sarah Sweedler, CEO; Sarah volunteered on the FRC board of directors for eight years before joining its staff. Prior to her transition to not-for- profit work, she worked for several decades as a high-tech independent writing consultant and as a freelance journalist focusing on natural and cultural history. Sarah serves on the Advisory Council of the Eurasia Foundation, as a director of CALPA (California League of Park Associations), and as a NOAA Beach Watch volunteer.
- Tom Wright, FRC Vice President. Retired sixth grade teacher at schools in the San Joaquin Valley, Concord and Clayton; traditional wood craftsman who built his second home in Western Sonoma County.
- Michael Dewees, FRC Treasurer. Retired database and large system expert for State Insurance Compensation Fund.
- Sandra Curtis, FRC Secretary, business and marketing; Director of Innovative Projects, Plastic Pollution Coalition.
- Jan Phelps, financial & organization expert for non-profits. Retired CFO of a family-owned winery.
- Reno Franklin, Kashia tribe member.
- Rich Panter, Bodega Bay resident, filmmaker, editor, writer, and producer.
- Sabrena Rosenberg, Alaska Native representative.
- John Benitz, descendant of William Benitz of Fort Ross pioneering ranch era in the mid-1800s; entrepreneur, filmmaker, conservationist.
- Deborah Gordon, Executive Director of the Preventive Defense Project at Stanford University; Mayor pro tem of Woodside, California.
- Robert J. Spjut, lawyer; part time Sonoma Coast resident.
- Prof. Kent Lightfoot (University of Califoria Berkeley)
- Prof. Ludmila Ershova (San Francisco State University)
FRC’s Advisory Committee
- Jan Kalicki, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Irina Dyatlovskaya, Russian language translator
- Lauren Peters, Alaska Native community builder
- Susan Rudy, retired National Park Service and U.S. Forest Service Ranger and Resource Manager
- Mikhail Pashkov, San Francisco Public Library, International Center, librarian; member of Kennan Institute
- Sarah Sweedler, CEO; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarjan Holt, Operations Manager; email@example.com
- Song Hunter, Director of Programs, Special Events Manager, Bookshop Buyer; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hank Birnbaum, Bilingual Guide & Historical Specialist; email@example.com
- Charon Vilnai, ELP and MEP Instructor; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa McCarthy, Volunteer Coordinator; email@example.com
- Lake Perry, Administrative Assistant; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tricia Ialeggio, ELP Instructor; email@example.com
- Amber Courreges, Visitor Center Services; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Zerwick, Visitor Center Staffer; email@example.com